Skip To Content


Rome Cemetery has applied to the NYS Division of Cemeteries for approval to build a 64-unit columbarium located between Sections T and V in the cemetery.

Questions and/or concerns can be made by calling the office - (315) 336-6210 or Paul Beck - (315) 271-8465.

Deadline for comments, etc. is July 31, 2024.


About Rome Cemetery

Rome Cemetery is a not-for-profit cemetery located at:

PO Box 464
1500 Jervis Ave
Rome NY 13442

Superintendent: Jamey Turck

Board of Directors

  • Mark Hinman
  • Ellyn Bibik
  • Douglas Bartell
  • David Jones
  • Sarah McDade
  • Christopher Ford
  • John Powers
  • Julie Grow-Denton
  • Laura Tardugno
  • Paul Beck
  • Eric Ringdahl
  • John Sallustio


On August 7, 1851, the Rome Cemetery Association was formed to locate a new burial ground to replace the original Rome Cemetery on North James Street - what is now Fort Stanwix Park. Twenty-five acres were purchased from Thomas Williams for the price of $2,313.50. Howard Daniels of New York City was employed to lay out and improve the cemetery.

The cemetery ground was dedicated with appropriate religious services on July 19, 1853. The address was given by the Rev. H. C. Vogel. The first interment was on July 27, 1853 and was that of Augustus J. Vogel, the 25 year old son of Reverend Vogel.

Read More